What is so special?

What is so special about a Girls Name Song? Who writes such a song and why? These are songs written about a friend, mother, sister, girlfriend, wife, or any girl or woman we care about. Someone cared enough about this girl to write a song about her. Is there anything more important than music written about a key person in our life; a person we admire, love, despise or cherish? Sure, some of these songs are just plain fun. But usually they are written about real people and real strong feelings. Listen to Steve Perry singing Oh, Sherrie. I first became interested in this kind of song as a young teenager. I remember feeling the unrequited love when Paul Anka sang about his yearning for Diana in 1957. And I remember the heart-break sadness of Ray Peterson in 1960 who sang Tell Laura I Love Her! And just like when we read a book, watch a movie, or listen to a story, these songs touch our hearts. We can easily relate to the words and feelings of the song; we feel the love. We smile, sigh, and cry right along with the singer. I hope you enjoy this list of songs and please feel free to share with me with suggestions for songs I missed or corrections to anything I post here or on my web site. Thanks, djd

Learn about other songs with female names in the title or lyrics at www.GirlsNameSongs.com/list with the song List page with over 2,200 songs!

No comments:

Post a Comment